Federal Skilled Workers Program

Home Federal Skilled Workers Program

Federal Skilled Workers Program

The Federal skilled workers Program (FSWP) is one of the best immigration programs to get Canada PR in 2019. FSWP is a key category in Canada’s Express Entry Immigration System. The express Entry is an online point based immigration system launched by IRCC (Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada) in the January 2015.

The FSWP under Express Entry provides the pathway to get Canadian Permanent Residency (PR). As part of Economic immigration programs of Canada. The skilled workers can apply in Federal Skilled Workers Program in 2019 to obtain Canadian permanent residency.

The FSWP of Express Entry is a popular Canada Immigration program designed by the government to provide permanent settlement option for people on the basis of their abilities and skills. It is a point based visa which requires you to earn or score at least 67 points to qualify based on age, education, work experience, language proficiency, etc. parameters.

Who can get this Visa:-

You are eligible to get this visa if you:-

(1) have worked full time for at least one year in the applying occupation within the past 10 years in the skills 0, A and B and

(a) Fall in the occupation list approved by the Canada immigration and citizenship in consent with the labor market or

(b) Have a job offer  already arranged in the Country or

(c) Are an International graduate who has enrolled himself/herself in the PHD program in Canada and

(2) Meet the minimum English requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7.

(3) Can claim additional points by Test d’evaluation de francais(French exam test)

(4) Have Canadian Diploma ,Bachelor , trade certificate or Foreign Qualification assessed by Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency approved by Canada immigration and citizenship to provide evidence to Canadian qualification.

(5) Do not have any criminal convictions.

These occupations are either:

  • Skill Type O (management occupations) or
  • Skill Level A (professional occupations) or
  • Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades)

Starting from May 2013 Canadian government has introduced a process of going through the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) where foreign degrees,diplomas certificates etc are compared with the Canadian credentials to check their equivalence before applying for Federal Skilled worker visa.

Every person who is a primary applicant and has completed their education outside Canada has to undergo Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) before lodging the final visa application
There are four bodies which have been approved by government of Canada to conduct Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). They are:-

  • Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
  • International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
  • World Education Services
  • Medical Council of Canada (professional body)