What is Express Entry System?
The Express Entry System of Canada comprises a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to select candidates who are eligible to apply for the Canada Immigration. CRS is basically a Point-based System that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) uses to evaluate and assess a candidate’s profile and rank the same in the Express Entry Pool.
What are the Major Factors for Express Entry Program?
The system uses the following parameters to grant Canada PR points to candidates and determine whether they are eligible to migrate or not:
- Level of skills
- Education background
- Ability to communicate in English or French
- Professional work experience
- other factors
The chances of selection under Canada Express Entry, meeting the CRS cut-off points and getting an invite to apply (ITA) for Canada Permanent residence visa increase tremendously if the candidate has any of the following:
- Multiple degrees/diplomas/certificates from Canadian colleges or universities
- Excellent English language test (IELTS) score.
- Secure a valid job offer from a Canadian employer
- Certificate of nomination from any Canadian province or territory
- other factors
As per the Canada PR eligibility calculator, only those candidates whose applications are filed in the express entry pool (EEP) and score the points requirements as per announced CRS draw cut-Offs are invited to apply for the further process.
To apply for the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), the prospective applicant must be eligible for any of the below-mentioned categories:
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Federal Skilled Trades
- Canadian Experience Class
Any candidate, who is qualified for any of these programs, can register themselves for the Express Entry pool. Candidates will be assigned scores based on the information they submit during the EOI.
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) - How it Works?
Total number of points available under the Express Entry CRS score Canada is 1,200. The system can be divided into three parts:
- Core Human Capital (Skills and Experience): 500 points
- Skills Transferability: 100 points
- Additional Factors: 600 points
For single candidates, the break-up of points under CRS is given below:
- Core human Capital: Maximum 500 points;
- Skill transferability: Maximum 100 points;
- Job offer: Maximum 200 points and
- Provincial nomination: Maximum 600 points
For candidates with an accompanying spouse or common-law partner, the break-up of points is given below:
- Core human Capital of the Principal Applicant: Maximum 460 points;
- Core human Capital of Spouse: Maximum 40 points
- Skill transferability: Maximum 100 points; and
- Provincial nomination: 600 points
Canada Express Entry Process Step by Step from India
Below are the steps you must follow while applying for Canada Express Entry:
- Create an online Express Entry Profile with the IRCC.
- Submit all required documents either online or by post.
- Calculate your CRS scores based on age, qualifications, work experience, language proficiency, etc.
- If you are a top scoring candidate, then you’ll be eligible to receive an Invitation to Apply.
- Submit PR visa application within 60 days of getting an ITA.
- Provide medical as well as Police Clearance Certificate (PCC).
How Many Points are Required for Canada PR?
Candidates who are interested in immigration to Canada must obtain at least 67 points based on above-mentioned factors. However, it entirely depends on express entry draw results by the Government of Canada. As the number keeps on changing every time the cut off arrives. Hence, to find out how many scores you need to qualify under the Comprehensive Ranking System is somewhat complex and unpredictable.
Express Entry Processing Time from Dubai
On average, it takes around a period of 6 to 9 months for a Canada PR visa application to be processed from India. However, if you want to move to Canada as quickly as possible, we advise you to file the application accurately and ensure timely submission of all required documents.